Friday, May 2, 2014

21 months

Here I go again getting way behind on posts. Sorry sweet girl...but this time I did write a few things down to make sure that I remembered. Here are some quick highlights from the month in hopes that I can finish this before you turn 22 months. :)

You give the sweetest and most excited Yeah's and silly no's. I've tried to capture this on camera, but haven't quite gotten it. If anyone has been around you this past month though, they probably know what I'm talking about.

You absolutely love your friend EllaKate. The two of you squeal and clap in excitement when you see each other in the morning. Here is a picture of you two dancing at the mere sight of each other. It makes both of your mamas very happy!

You've started to say thank you which sounds a little more like "tank chu" and it is so stinkin' sweet. I love it.

You had your first 24 hour bug on March 29th. The first incident, we just thought that you had too much milk to drink too quickly, so we proceeded with our day because you were acting normal. {That is, after I finished my conversation with the Comcast man at our house covered in throw up and had to strip the couch down to wash it. Thank goodness for slipcovers and kind technicians.} We had a wonderful breakfast at the Flying Biscuit and then throw up incident #2 happened in Trader Joes. Oh goodness, so thankful for sweet, sweet workers there. They even gave you some ginger chews on the house to try to help your tummy ache. At that point, we knew that something must be up. You were fine the rest of the day until 11 o'clock at night when #3 occurred. Luckily your first stomach bug only had those 3 incidents.

...not so lucky was the fact that it was only the start to your tough weekend. The next day, you fell down about 6 stairs and landed on the back of your head as your legs flew over you. I saw the entire thing as if in slow motion and it was so, so scary. We are so very thankful for God's protection over you though-we easily could have found ourselves in the ER after that fall. And you poor thing, the next day you fell at the playground....on your head again. Your dad and I considered wrapping you in bubble wrap after that. And again couldn't get over how blessed we were that God was looking out for you. Whew....what a weekend.
Before
...and after
You've started to call me by saying "Ohhhhhhhhhhhh Maaaaaama!!!" Pretty funny. And since you've started you've added other things to the list to call. The funniest is probably when you were with your Nana waiting at Sonic and you started saying "Ohhhhhhhhh num nums (your word for anything yummy)" until the lady brought the order to the car.

You rubbed my pregnant belly the other day and kissed it-totally unprompted. And it made my heart melt.

You'll say, "Num, num....yeths?!?" to offer your food to someone. Even to the passing drivers on the road as you eat your snack.

You've started to turn our face to make us listen to you. You get that sweet little hand on our cheek and make us look you in the eye when you want to tell us something...and will continue to repeat yourself until we get the message.

You'll ask to hold our hand. Again, I melt. Sometimes it is because you're scared of the vacuum cleaner and other times its just because you're watching Frozen and you want to hold our hand. Sweetness overload.

Speaking of Frozen...you are absolutely obsessed. You love dancing to all of the songs, however for some reason with this movie you refuse to dance alone and I must hold you and spin you around as we sing the song. It's a workout with your 28 pound self and my pregnant self, but I love it so much and dreamed of these days when I found out I was having a girl so I don't mind it at all.

And now here's a look at some other moments this month...
Family Beach Trip! 
First trip to the dentist...you did great! 

You love to floss. It's the first thing that you go for when you come in to our bathroom, and you normally make one of us floss with you.
These two sweet neighborhood boys went and got you a bike and helped show you how to ride it since they were out riding theirs. Sweetness. 
Cayden and Caroline's birthday party! 
showing 'Rillo how to blow bubbles 
Mood swings...one minute...
...and the next. 
Enjoying some of these nice spring days 

You're really good at giving hints. I'll hear you rummaging through the pantry and then you come out with something like this and say, "Yeths?! Tank chu." Thanking me advance in hopes that my answer is yes.
That time I told you to get a tissue for your nose and you got almost the whole roll.
You insisted on the tutu and putting it on yourself. I think it looks great. 
Teagan Leigh, we still catch ourselves staring at your monitor at night and saying to each other that you have got to be the sweetest thing in the entire world. Don't get me wrong, you certainly have some spicy moments, but you have brought so much joy to our lives with your 21 months that we can barely stand it. Your mommy and daddy love you to the moon and back little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment