The rules for tagging:
1. You must post these rules.
2. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4. You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post.
5. Go to their page and tell them you have linked him or her.
11 Things about Me...
- My blood isn't actually red, it's orange. You might think I'm crazy unless you are a Clemson graduate-and then, you probably understand completely. There really is truth in the fact it was ranked #1 "happiest student body".
- We're expecting our first child in July! It still seems a bit unreal to me. Oh, and my sister and I are pregnant together!
- I can't count. Because the first time I wrote this post, the #3 was missing.
- I love traveling. I'd love to go to: Hawaii, Colorado, Italy, France, Austria, Germany and Australia. I'd also love to go back to California, Africa, and pretty much any of the Caribbean islands.
- I traveled to Kenya in 2007, and it was one of the most amazing, life-changing trips I've ever been on. Words can't describe the beauty that is there-in the people I met and on the safaris. It was unreal, and I'd love to go back. Next time, I'm bringing Patrick with me.
- I've been somewhat obsessed with whales since 3rd grade. I would love, love, love to go on an Alaskan cruise and get to see them-up close!
- Tall buildings and big cities make me giddy.
- One of my favorite snacks is: ritz cracker, peanut butter, slice of cheese, and a jalapeno on top. I know what you're thinking...but you should try it. Several friends in college thought the same thing until they tried it-they now love it too. :) Let me know if you try it!
- I can be quite indecisive. Sometimes it drives me crazy. I probably wouldn't waste so much time if I could just be a very opinionated and decisive person.
- I love teaching-except for the whole initial getting up and having to go to work thing. Oh, and the grading of the papers. It is a job that can empty me of much of my patience and strength and yet it is so fulfilling and rewarding at the same time. I love it!
- I used to want to be an astronaut when I grew up-there's a part of me that is still admittedly a nerd about outer-space. And as one of my students told me, "Mrs. McGuire, it's never too late to reach your dreams." ha, I think he was only 8.
1. Who was your first crush?
John Norman-4th or 5th grade I believe. I'm not even sure how much we actually talked.
2. Where do you see yourself in five years? Be honest.
Busy being a wife and mom of two-whether or not I'm still throwing teacher into the mix too is undecided. :)
3. If you could travel to one country for a week, where would you go, and where would you want to stay?
Oh goodness, somewhere in Europe...maybe Italy at one of the gorgeous cities by the sea.
4. When are you happiest?
I am especially giddy when I get to travel to fun places...but if we're talking on a more regular basis then I'll go with Saturdays, relaxing or taking a fun trip with the hubs-and preferably one in the summer. I'd even take Fall or Spring...the cold though, it kind of makes me angry.
5. When was the last time you cried?
Wednesday-but I'm pregnant, so it happens a little more often than it used to :)
6. Mountains or Beach?
Beach, and I would love to be there now!
7. If you had unlimited money, which store would you visit first?
Pottery Barn-I would buy the whole store.
8. What is your favorite quote or verse?
John 16:33-a reminder that God is so much bigger than all of our troubles
"I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
9. If you could wake up tomorrow with a new talent, which would you choose?
10. If you could have any zoo animal as a pet, which would you choose?
I've always thought a monkey would be a fun pet.
11. At your current stage of life, what is your ideal date?
Honestly, as cliche as it is-dinner and a movie. I love watching movies and hey, you have to eat. :) Whether it is take-out from our favorite Thai restaurant and a movie on the couch or a fun dinner out and movie at the theater. Patrick also jokes that any real date with me must involve yogurt from one of the fro-yo places. :)
My questions are:
- If you could have someone play you in a movie, who would you choose?
- If you won the lottery, what would be the FIRST thing you would do with your money?
- What song will always bring you out on the dance floor?
- What is one quirky thing you do that others may find strange?
- If you could change your profession to anything without having to go back to school, what would you choose?
- What one superpower would you choose to have?
- Who is the one famous person you would like to meet?
- If you could live during any time in history, when would you choose?
- What is your favorite photograph?
- Would you rather be 4' or 7' tall?
- If you could only do one dance for the rest of your life, would it be the macarena or the electric slide?
Since I'm new at this whole blogging thing, I don't really have 11 people to tag that have a blog and/or haven't already done this. We'll go with what I got...I tag:
Meagan @ Night Owls and Early Birds (I know Hea tagged you too-but she had 12 so I'm snagging you)
MaryEllen @ The Adventures of a Big Girl
Ruthie @ Ruthie Dean
Liz @ Rob and Liz
Stephanie @ O Happy Day