Tuesday, September 11, 2012

family lovin'

Our sweet girl turns 2 months old tomorrow! can.not.be.lieve.it.

...I'm starting to sense a theme running through this blog.  I'm learning a lot about myself through this process-never realized that I was someone who had a really hard time moving on. In fact, I probably would have said the opposite about myself. Wrong. As I was writing Teagan's birth story in a journal to her the other day, I couldn't help but wish that we could just do it over again...again & again & again (yes, I'd even do the labor & delivery again...100 times). I want to make sure that I soak in every single second of our little one growing up. I made a promise to myself and to Teagan the other day that all the other "stuff" can wait until she's napping-because she's still doing a lot of it. Laundry, dishes, cleaning, and yes even facebook & instagram can wait. Sure, there will be times that I have to double task to get things done in time, but I only have 42 1/2 more days of maternity leave and I want to make sure I take full advantage of it. Teagan, I promise to play and sing to you and let my face be one of the ones you see during tummy time-not just Olivia the Owl and Waud L. Duck. :) I want to be fully present and not take for granted this wonderful gift that God has given us.

Alright, on to the updates and pictures. I'll do her 2 month post on Friday after our doctor's appointment & I have all her 'stats'.

Labor Day Weekend

We stayed in town for the holiday weekend and had family visiting. My sister Lauren came in town for the Clemson v Auburn game and Patrick's mom & dad were just wanting some sweet Teagan time. My other sister Kristen and her family were also in town. Lots of fun was had. :) 

3 generations :) 

Teagan loves her Mammy! 

She loves her Pappy too!



We went to the pool on Saturday for another one of Patrick's pool volleyball tournaments...which his team won...again! Teagan had a good excuse to wear her swimsuit...even though we stayed in the shade and she was covered the whole time. :) 

Her "Wait, did you just say my dad is a gamecock?!?" face. Yes, we still love him though. 

Teagan's first Clemson Game! :) Kristen made little tutus for the girls. 

I think someone mentioned something about her dad being a Gamecock again...and Caroline is thinking, "excuse me...what did you say?!?!"

Home for some great-grandma lovin'

Patrick's Granny turned 87 this past week! She is awesome and just as spry as ever. Love her. We made plans to go to Columbia for her birthday party...and of course had to make a stop in Augusta on the way. Here's my grandmother Mema with Teagan. Excuse the no clothes, I think we had just gotten her out of her pjs. 


Making faces with Mema :) 

so sweet! 

Happy 87th birthday Granny! She loves her little great-grandbaby and is excited to now be in the great-grandma club like the rest of her friends. how cute.

giving T her evening bottle 

i could just cry i'm so in love with this girl. 
both wearing our Clemson/Furman purple :) 
love.my.girl.

Mammy and T


my little family :) 

kisses for T...love her face. she really does like us, promise. 

Teagan next to her name that was powerwashed into the driveway by her Pappy. He was smitten with her before she even was born. :) 

We stopped back in North Augusta on the way home for a visit with the Beauforts...and a planned little matching outfit cuteness. 

matchy, matchy! 

sister pic with our kiddos...and Cayden semi-cooperating :) 

Caroline: "It's okay Teagan, we'll get through this silly photoshoot together."

Cayden offering some entertainment. Caroline loves her big brother! 

wait a minute...do you see what I see?! look closely......closer. yep, that's a little sneak peak at Teagan's neck. she likes to show off every now and then. :) 

 Randomness


 Excuse the naked baby pic, but oh my goodness. I just love this picture of her-all those rolls and that sweet little face. I can't look at this and not smile. 

Another dinner date/play date with the Marshalls. Love them so much.  

Technically their first matching outfit picture but it is hard to tell with the lighting. They both have on their little Polo dresses. 

More updates on Friday after her doctor's appointment. :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment